Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Real World experience...

So, today i walked into my clinical classroom and the first thing I noticed was that my teacher wasn't there and there's a sub. Well, my site professor has been talking about how by mid-semester we should be able to take over and teach the class if our clinical teacher is gone and there is a sub. So, I thought, here's my chance to prove myself, to show myself that I can do this. So, since I have the advanced jh choir music, I grabbed my binder, looked through the pieces, found what I could play, and decided what to rehearse when the kids got there. Then, I found the beginning choirs music and the cd accompaniment for it and was ready to go for them too. 2nd period comes and in comes the advanced group. And just like Dr. Cunningham tought us, I said ladies and gentlemen, on the risers please with your music. Obviously Mr. Fernandez isn't here today so I will be running rehearsal now please listen for attendance. Then the sub took role and off I went with sightreading and running through pieces. It went the same way in the beginning group. The sub even told me he was impressed. It was so totally awesome. I left with such a huge grin on my face. If you had told me even just the other day that I would do that, I would have laughed. But the neat thing is, it came so natural. It was just like, Mr. Fernandez isn't here, all right, no problem, I'll do this, this, and this. It was such a confidence booster :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment