Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Moving Forward...
This semester has been one of the craziest I have ever experienced. And being a music major, that's saying something, lol. I have grown to love field basing and being at the school. I have taught several more times with the whole class and run many sectionals, each time getting better and better. I always said I want to teach elementary school, I want to teach elementary school, but I really don't know anymore. I never thought I would say this, but I absolutely love my junior high kids. I don't know what it is, but they have managed to endear themselves so much to me and I just love being there with them. I am honestly considering teaching a middle or junior high school choir now. I like the high school kids just fine too, but teaching them intimidates me too much to actually want to teach at the high school level. (I still have yet to teach there, all my lessons have been with the junior high advanced choir). I had my peer observation today and I think it went well. My evaluator (the lovely Ms. Rebekah Sanchez) liked it and thought it was really good. And let me just say, I did her peer evaluation as well, and she is going to be one fabulous flute teacher. Her students are going to very lucky to have her. :) I looked at my planner the other day and realized that I now have only 3 times left in my clinical classroom. I'm really kinda sad about that. I love my kids too much that I want to finish the year out with them. Hopefully I will get assigned back there to student teach next semester so I can see them again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment