Student Teaching has gone by soo fast. I have learned so much this this semester and have had some things confirmed.
a) I am definitely NOT meant to be a choir director, lol. I enjoyed working with the junior high and high school students and toyed with maybe being a junior high director, but it is defiitely not for me.
b) I AM meant to teach elementary general music, which is what I originally wanted to do anyway. I switched a few weeks ago to this and I absolutely love it. Being there has definitely just confirmed that this is what I want to do.
If someone had told me 10 years ago that I would be where I am today, I do not know that I would have believed them. At 13 and in 7th grade, I had vague ideas of what I wanted to do but didn't know for sure. When we had to pick a career for a paper in English, I think I picked child care provider, so that's obviously no where near where I am headed. Now, I just hope I can find a job for August. Things look pretty bleak in the teaching world right now so I am just praying and believing that the right job will be there for me. I keep telling myself when I have a job in August not if I have a job. It still baffles me that I graduate from college in less than a month. Where has time gone? It seems like I just graduated high school and college life was just beginning. I have made some incredible friends and met incredibly talented people and had some amazing professors.
In other, not quite as deep thoughts, I leave in month for New York!! :D I have had this trip dangled in front of me a couple of times before and things didn't work out, but this time it's a for sure thing. I am so absolutely excited to finally be going. I'm going with a group from my former chamber choir at TAMUCC, Camerata Isla. Last summer, our tour went too Missouri for a members wedding and it was such a blast. Hopefully this trip is just as great. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment